If you ever do manage to get that Tesla Cybertruck delivered you might be able to one day sleep in the back of it, with one company already launching a bed-embedded camper for the mythical EV.
The company, called Space Campers, is willing to take your $24,000 in exchange for an order for the product. It’s also shared a “detailed walk-through” of it, showing just how the thing will work.
As Electrek notes, the Space Campers product looks similar to the Cyberlandr, but it’s a simpler design that costs around half as much — although nobody would say that at $24,000, this thing is cheap. The standard version has plenty to offer though, including full access to the truck bed when both open and closed.
- Seamless installation with no modifications to the Cybertruck required and easy offload.
- Full access to the truck bed when open and closed.
- Air-powered actuators that open or break down the camper with the flip of a switch.
- Keyless entry by integrating with the Cybertruck’s tailgate locking mechanism.
- A Murphy-style bed that sleeps two and flips up for 8 feet of standing room.
- Compatibility with the Cybertruck’s battery for accessory add-ons and DIY builds.
However, it’s important to note that all of this is working on almost no real information from Tesla.
The final Cybertruck specification is yet to be nailed down but with the company set to finally start making the truck next year, that should hopefully change soon enough.
You may also like to check out: